Goldbach Kirchner has committed itself to the sustainable design of working and living spaces and is an active member of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB).
In line with our corporate principles, we have pledged our commitment to the sustainable handling of the environment and its resources. This is also a factor we consider when selecting our suppliers. Our company headquarters are powered by carbon-neutral energy. We generate solar power using our photovoltaic plant and recover heat energy from waste material recycling.
We consider the entire life cycle of our products, from production to use and recyclability. The focus is on the use of climate and environmentally friendly materials.
All of the components in our partition and storage wall systems are parts designed for long-term use: they can be combined together and modified to suit current room planning requirements. Since our wall elements can be repositioned and re-used, a high degree of flexibility and sustainability is ensured – with no material loss – for future interior changes.
When selecting our materials, we choose eco-friendly and recyclable raw materials.
Glass consists of some of the most plentiful raw materials in the earth’s crust – namely silica, soda ash and lime. It can be reused indefinitely without suffering any loss of quality.
Aluminium is a material that can be indefinitely recycled. The volume of secondary aluminium available is growing constantly. In the GK CUBE we already use profiles made of Hydro REDUXA, an aluminum with a production-related low CO2 footprint of a maximum of 4.0 kg CO2 per kg aluminum.
Chipboard panels and wood-based materials are purchased from sources managed sustainably and from regional suppliers. We take low emissions seriously.
Active climate protection is at the heart of our corporate philosophy
• Membership in the DGNB Society for Sustainable Building e.V.
• All print products purchased are printed CO2-neutrally
• Supply of the web server with CO2-neutral electricity from wind and water power
• Consistent waste separation and return for recycling
• Use of Hydro REDUXA, aluminum with a low carbon footprint
• Generation of thermal energy through recycling and thermal use of our production residues from wood-based materials
• Photovoltaic systems for environmentally friendly power generation
• Avoidance of fossil fuels
• Use of e-cars in the company fleet
Certified buildings (DGNB, LEED, Minergie, BNB) with Goldbach Kirchner products:
- OpernTurm, Frankfurt a.M. (LEED Gold certification)
- Sunyard München, AON Holding, (Green Building, LEED certification)
- Das Quartier Potsdamer Platz, Berlin (DGNB Silver certificate)
- Berlin-Brandenburg Airport Center, BBAC (DGNB Gold pre-certification)
- ECE, Saseler Damm, Hamburg (DGNB certificate)
- Main Tower, Frankfurt a.M. (LEED-EB Gold)
- Nord 1, Europa-Allee, Frankfurt a.M. (DGNB certificate)
- NEXTOWER, Frankfurt a.M. (DGNB certificate)
- Prime Tower, Zürich (LEED + Minergie)
- PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH, Neu-Isenburg (DGNB Gold certificate)